Translate

Saturday, August 18, 2012

Happy 80th Birthday, John Williams!!

Today is John William's 80th birthday! Probably his most famous works are Star Wars and Indiana Jones. He did Jaws, Harry Potter, Superman, and many others. He also did some music for the Olympics. Here are some music videos of his famous scores:





That Superman Theme brings back so many memories of "The Superman Prayer" we used to sing at church events when I was little. Anyone know what I'm talking about?


And now, for a whole bunch of Star Wars music!!
























UPDATE:
I just came back from Tanglewood, where we saw the rehersal for John Williams' Birthday Celebration. It's a surprise, so I can't tell you anything yet, but I will next time I post. But I will tell you one thing: It was great!

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to him!!! I love his music... it calms my mind so well... or pumps me up and reminds me that the Force is with me always :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know that he wrote the Olympics fanfare, but now that I listen to it, it does sound a lot like his style. =) John Williams is probably my most favorite composer, even better than Hans Zimmer himself! I hope he has a wonderful birthday today! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. John Willaims is the Man! No question, best composer of all time. :D Love the Star Wars and Indiana Jones soundtracks and just about anything Willaims does. Also for commenting on my blog. Great blog, you now have a new follower. :)

    -James

    ReplyDelete